A native of Jacksonville, Dr. Barry P. Setzer received his D.D.S. from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. He completed his residency in pediatric dentistry at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and received his certificate in pediatric dentistry from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He is board-certified in pediatric dentistry and is a diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Setzer entered private practice in Jacksonville in 1977. He is Chief of the Section of Pediatric Dentistry at Wolfson Children’s Hospital and has been affiliated with the UF Jacksonville cleft palate team for over 42 years. He is a courtesy assistant clinical professor at the UF College of Dentistry and courtesy assistant professor in the Department of Pediatrics, UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Chief of the Section of Pediatric Dentistry — Wolfson Children’s Hospital
- Affiliation — Snyder Family Cleft & Craniofacial Center at Wolfson Children’s Hospital team for over 42 years
- Courtesy Assistant Clinical Professor -— UF College of Dentistry
- Courtesy Assistant Professor — The Department of Pediatrics, UF College of Medicine — Jacksonville
- Pediatric Dentistry
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- B.S – University of Florida
- D.D.S — University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Residency in Pediatric Dentistry — Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Certification in Pediatric Dentistry — The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine